On the occasion of various interesting astronomical phenomenas and events, the observatory organizes public sky shows. Dates of the shows are announced in the media as well as on this website.
- Mercury transit (May 2016)
- Solar eclipse (March 2015)
- Venus transit (June 2012)
- Venus transit (June 2004)
- Mars hoax (September 2003)
- Solar eclipse (August 1999)
- Comet Hale-Boppa (March 1997)
- Comet Hyakutake (March / April 1996)
We also organized:
- Series of popular-science lectures to celebrate the International Year of Astronomy 2009
- Researchers’ Night at the Observatory (September 2009) and in the years 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Open Days at the Observatory (April 2009)
- Open sky shows (April 2007)
- Astronomical picnic in celebration of the World Year of Physics (May 2005)
Mars hoax sky gazing was the most successful. During the two nights we were visited by the more than 10,000 people, which – despite the mobilization of additional telescopes – resulted in long queuing to the telescopes.