IN CHARGE OF THE DISCIPLINE SCHOOL OF SCIENCE
AT THE ADAM MICKIEWICZ UNIVERSITY, POZNAN
for the position of assistant professor
in the group of research-teaching employees
at the Faculty of Physics
- Competition reference number: konkurs_68_FIZ_adiunkt_1_2021
- Research discipline (research field): astronomy
- Number of workhours per week including a task-based work schedule (if applicable):
full-time job 40 hours per week in a task-based working system
- Type of employment contract and expected duration of employment, i.e.: permanent/temporary/fixed-term contract for ….. year/…years:
employment contract/ fixed-term for 2 years with the possibility of extension for an indefinit term
- Anticipated job starting date: 1 February, 2022
- Workplace location: Astronomical Observatory Institute, Słoneczna 36, 60-286 Poznań
- Application deadline and process:
Documents must be submitted by email to email@example.com by 3 January 2021 and they should indicate the appropriate reference number of the competition
- Required documents:
- Application form/letter of the candidate addressed to the Vice-Rector announcing the competition
- Curriculum Vitae
- Diplomas or certificates issued by colleges and universities attesting to education and degrees or titles held (in the case of academic degrees obtained abroad – the documents must meet the equivalence criteria set out in Article 328 of the Act of 20 July 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 478 i.e. as amended; Polish: Dziennik Ustaw 2021 poz.478)
- Information on the Applicant’s research, teaching and organizational achievements
- Other documents as determined by the competition committee
- Consent to the processing of personal data as follows:
“In accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016. (OJ EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) I consent to the processing of personal data other than: first name, (first names) and surname; parents’ first names; date of birth; place of residence (mailing address); education; previous employment history, included in my job offer for the purpose of the current recruitment.”
Conditions of the competition determined by the competition committee
- Determination of qualifications: (researcher profile) according to the Euraxess guidelines
- (R1) First Stage Researcher (up to the point of PhD)
- (R2) Recognised Researcher (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)
- (R3) Established Researcher (researchers who have developed a level of independence)
- (R4) Leading Researcher (researchers leading their research area or field)
- Job Offer description
The position is addressed to candidates having doctoral degree in astronomy. A person employedin this position will work at the Astronomical Observatory Institute, Faculty of Physics of AMU. The team for which the recruitment is carried out conducts research on small bodies of the Solar System, Earth’s artificial satellites and space debris. As part of the employment, cooperation with the European Space Agency is foreseen. Employment at the Astronomical Observatory Institute is an opportunity to work in a very good team of scientists who will provide support in the field of research and teaching. The candidate will conduct classes with students of up to 210 hours per year.
- Requirements and qualifications
The competition is open to individuals who meet the requirements specified in Article 113 of the Law on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 478, i.e. Article 113) and who meet the following requirements:
- doctoral degree in astronomy
- scientific publication output in discipline astronomy appropriate to the scientific career development
- high motivation for scientific work, independence, communication skills
- high motivation and predisposition for teaching
- Required languages
- very good knowledge of the English language (B2 level or higher)
- knowledge of the Polish language, or a declaration of its quick mastery enabling the fulfillment of organizational obligations
- Required research, teaching or mixed experience
When evaluating the candidate, the selection board will take into account the following criteria:
- scientific publications in the most important international journals in discipline astronomy
- managing or participation in scientific projectsespecially in European Space Agency projects
- scientific or professional internships in scientific institutes including stays abroad
- participation in scientific conferences
- awards for scientific achievements
- scientific cooperation local and abroad
- experience in didactic, popularization and organization
- an atmosphere of respect and cooperation
- supporting employees with disabilities
- flexible working hours
- remote work applicable
- funding for language learning
- co-financing of training and courses
- additional days off for education
- life insurance
- pension plan
- savings and investment fund
- preferential loans
- additional social benefits
- leisure-time funding
- subsidizing children’s vacations
- “13th” salary
- bike racks
- Eligibility criteria
- publications in the field of astronomy in international scientific journals
- completed scientific and professional internships
- awards for science, popularization and organizational activities
- obtained certificates
- participation in projects increasing competences in the field of astronomy
- research statement
- scientific interests
- conference activity, participation in workshops, summer schools, etc.
- didactic experience
- other achievements
During the evaluation, the competition commitee may consider the candidate’s scientific profile in the context of research conducted at the Astronomical Observatory Institute Faculty of Physics, AMU.
The candidate should be predisposed and ready to conduct classes in the field of celestial mechanics, astrodynamics and astrophysics on the bachelor and master level of Astronomy studies.
- The selection process
- The competition committee begins working no later than 14 days after the deadline for submission of documents.
- Formal evaluation of submitted proposals.
- Call to provide additional or missing documents if necessary.
- Selection of candidates for the interview stage.
- Interviewsfor candidates who meet the formal requirements.
- The committee has the right to request external reviews of candidates’ work or to ask candidates to conduct teaching assignments with an opportunity for student evaluation.
- The chair of the competition committee announces the results and informs the candidates. This information will include a justification, with reference to candidates’ strengths and weaknesses. Submitted documents will be sent back to candidates.
- Prospects for professional development
A person employed as an assistant professor will have the possibility to of professional and scientific development. An additional advantage of working at the Astronomical Observatory Institute will be the opportunity to participate in the implementation of various research projects and obtain scientific degrees.
RODO Information Clause:
Pursuant to Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016. (Official Journal of the EU L 119 of 04.05.2016) we inform that:
- The controller of your personal data is Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań with the official seat: ul. Henryka Wieniawskiego 1, 61 – 712 Poznań.
- The personal data controller has appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee the correctness of the processing of personal data, who can be contacted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The purpose of processing your personal data is to carry out the recruitment process for the indicated job position.
- The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 and the Labour Code of 26 June 1974. (Journal of Laws of 1998 N21, item 94 as amended).
- Your personal data will be stored for a period of 6 months from the end of the recruitment process.
- Your personal data will not be made available to other entities, with the exception of entities authorized by law. Access to your data will be given to persons authorized by the Controller to process them in the performance of their duties.
- You have the right to access your data and, subject to the law, the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, the right to data portability, the right to object to processing, the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority – the Chairman of the Office for Personal Data Protection,ul.Stawki2, 00 – 193 Warsaw.
- Providing personal data is mandatory under the law, otherwise it is voluntary.
- Your personal data will not be processed by automated means and will not be subject to profiling.