THE HEAD OF THE DISCIPLINE SCHOOL OF SCIENCE
OF THE ADAM MICKIEWICZ UNIVERSITY IN POZNAŃ
for the position of Assistant Professor (adjunct)
in the group of research-teaching employees
at the Faculty of Physics
- Reference number: konkurs_43_Fiz_adiunkt_1_2020
- Working hours: full time
- Legal basis of the employment: employment contract
- Estimated duration of the employment: permanent position
- Competition terms specified by the Selection Board:
Candidates entering the competition have to meet the requirements specified in the Act on Higher Education from 20 June 2018 (Journal od Laws from 2020, item 85 i.e. with later changes, Article 113) and they must be compliant with the following criteria:
Applicants should have outstanding scientific achievements, be characterized by scientific independence and ambition in conducting research at the most competitive level.
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD degree in astronomy or related sciences
- extensive publication achievements adequate to the scientific career stage within astronomy
- high motivation for scientific work, independence, communication skills
- high motivation and predisposition for teaching
Detailed criteria considered by the Selection Board:
- scientific publications in top international scientific journals in the discipline of astronomy
- scientific publications, in which the candidate played a leading role, in particular those published without the participation of the doctoral dissertation supervisor
- managing research projects obtained within open national or international competitions
- research stays at scientific institutions
- participation in scientific conferences
- patents received
- awards and distinctions obtained for scientific activities
- scientific collaboration
- teaching, science popularization and organizational activities
- research statement
During the evaluation, the Selection Board may consider the candidate’s scientific profile in the context of research conducted at the Faculty of Physics, Adam Mickiewicz University. The candidate should have scientific achievements and research plans within astronomy. In addition to research activities, the candidate is also supposed to have teaching duties of up to 210 hours per year. The candidate should have appropriate predispositions and qualifications to teach observational and theoretical astrophysics for Bachelor and Master students. The envisaged basic salary is 4930 PLN gross / month.
- The application of the candidate;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Consent to the processing of one’s personal data:
“In accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 (Journal of Laws of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) I agree to the processing of personal data other than those indicated in Article 221 of the Labour Code (name(s) and surname; parents’ names; date of birth; place of residence; address for correspondence; education; previous employment), included in my job offer for the purpose of current recruitment.”
- personal data form for the candidate applying for a position (available on the UAM website: http://pracownicy.amu.edu.pl/kategorie/kadry-bhp-sprawy-socjalne-zwiazki-zawodowe/kadry/dzial-kadr-i-organizacji/formularze-i-wzory-dokumentow-dkio/dokumenty-w-jzyku-angielskim);
- documents confirming candidate’s education and academic degrees;
- information on candidate’s scientific, didactic and organizational achievements;
- two recommendation letters to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- research statement (max. 2 pages).
Information clause for jobseekers
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) No. 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC – General Regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the European Union L 119/1 of 04.05.2016) I hereby inform you that.
- The Controller of your personal data is Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań with its registered office at 1, Henryka Wieniawskiego Street, 61-712 Poznań.
- The controller of personal data has appointed a Data Protection Inspector to supervise the correctness of personal data processing, who can be contacted via e-mail address: email@example.com.
- The purpose of the processing of your personal data is to carry out the recruitment process for the indicated position.
- The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 and the Labour Code of 26 June 1974 (Journal of Laws of 1998, N21, item 94, as amended).
- Your personal data will be stored for a period of 6 months from the end of the recruitment process.
- Your personal data will not be made available to other entities, except for entities authorized by law. Access to your data will be granted to persons authorized by the Controller to process them within the scope of their professional duties.
- You have the right to access your data and, subject to the provisions of law, the right to rectify, delete, restrict the processing, the right to transfer data, the right to object to the processing, the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority – the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection, ul. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warszawa.
- Provision of personal data is obligatory on the basis of legal regulations, in the remaining scope it is voluntary.
- With regard to your personal data, decisions will not be taken automatically, in accordance with Article 22 RODO.