ADAM MICKIEWICZ UNIVERSITY, POZNAN
for the position of Postdoctoral Researcher
at the Faculty of Physics, Astronomical Observatory Institute
- Research discipline (research field): Astronomy – Planetary Science
- Number of workhours per week including a task-based work schedule (if applicable):
Full-time, 40 hours per week in a task-based work time system
- Type of employment contract and expected duration of employment:
Fixed-term contract for 48 months
- Anticipated job starting date: 01.04.2023
- Workplace location: Astronomical Observatory Institute, Słoneczna 36, 60-286 Poznań
- Monthly salary: about 9 000,00 PLN (before taxes)
- Application deadline and process:
Electronic submission to email@example.com. Application deadline 20.03.2023
- Required documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 5 pages A4) with a publication record
- Diplomas or certificates issued by colleges and universities attesting to education and degrees or titles held (in case of academic degrees obtained abroad – the documents must meet the equivalence criteria set out in Article 328 of the Act of 20 July 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2022, item 574 i.e. as amended; Polish: Dziennik Ustaw 2022 poz. 574 z póżn. zmianami)
- List of two references (names, email addresses and phone numbers)
- Consent to the processing of personal data as follows:
“In accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016. (OJ EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) I consent to the processing of personal data other than: first name, (first names) and surname; parents’ first names; date of birth; place of residence (mailing address); education; previous employment history, included in my job offer for the purpose of the current recruitment.”
Conditions of the competition determined by the competition committee
- Determination of qualifications: (researcher profile) according to the Euraxess guidelines
- (R2) Recognised Researcher (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)
(definition of qualification level and professional experience according to Euraxess guidelines https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/europe/career-development/training-researchers/research-profiles-descriptors)
- Job Offer description
Institute Astronomical Observatory of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, Poland (AMU) invites applications for a postdoctoral position to work with Drs. Dagmara Oszkiewicz and Przemysław Bartczak on a project related to modeling asteroid spin, shapes and phase curves. The job offer reffers to the position in OPUS grant of the National Science Center, Poland (nr. 2022/45/B/ST9/00267).
- Requirements and qualifications
The competition is open to individuals who meet the requirements specified in Article 113 of the Law on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2022, item 574, i.e. Article 113, i.e. as amended) and who meet the following requirements:
- PhD in astronomy, planetary science or related discipline
- They fullfilled formal requirements regarding the date of obtaining the doctoral degree in accordance with the regulations of the National Science Center, Poland. Persons who do not have a doctoral degree may apply provided they plan their defence no later than 01.04.2023.
- Proven track record in planetary research (at least 2 publications in indexed planetary research journals)
- Ability to perform independant research
Bonus points for experience with:
- Asteroid spin, shape and phase-curve modeling
- Photometric and spectroscopic observations of asteroids and data reduction
- Machine learning algorithms
- Performing computations on large computer clusters
- Required languages
- Language: English / Level: Fluent
- Required research, teaching or mixed experience
Proven track record in planetary science (minimum 2 publications in indexed planetary science journals)
- an atmosphere of respect and cooperation
- supporting employees with disabilities
- flexible working hours
- remote work applicable (with the Rector’s or the Chancellor’s permission)
- funding for language learning
- co-financing of training and courses
- additional days off for education
- life insurance
- pension plan
- savings and investment fund
- preferential loans
- additional social benefits
- leisure-time funding
- subsidizing children’s vacations
- “13th” salary
(The list of benefits is common to all job offers at UAM)
- Eligibility criteria
- Matching the candidate’s scientific profile with the advertisement
- Number, scientific level of the candidate’s scientific publications
- Number, scientific level of the candidate’s scientific conference presentations
- Grade on the diploma
- Interships and participation in research projects
- The selection process
- The competition committee begins working no later than 14 days after the deadline for submission of documents.
- Formal evaluation of submitted proposals.
- Call to provide additional or missing documents if necessary.
- Selection of candidates for the interview stage.
- Interviews for candidates who meet the formal requirements.
- The committee has the right to request external reviews of candidates’ work or to ask candidates to conduct teaching assignments with an opportunity for student evaluation.
- The chair of the competition committee announces the results and informs the candidates. This information will include a justification, with reference to candidates’ strengths and weaknesses. Submitted documents will be sent back to candidates.
- Prospects for professional development
- Supervision in building a scientific profile though the publication in high-impact scientific journals
- Establishing network of scientific contacts though working in a highly collaborative and international environment
- Establishing cooperation with renowned research centers in Poland and the world
- Assistance in writing grant applications in domestic (e.g. NCN) and foreign (e.g. MSCA) research projects
RODO Information Clause:
Pursuant to Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016. (Official Journal of the EU L 119 of 04.05.2016) we inform that:
- The controller of your personal data is Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań with the official seat: ul. Henryka Wieniawskiego 1, 61 – 712 Poznań.
- The personal data controller has appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee the correctness of the processing of personal data, who can be contacted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The purpose of processing your personal data is to carry out the recruitment process for the indicated job position.
- The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 and the Labour Code of 26 June 1974. (Journal of Laws of 1998 N21, item 94 as amended).
- Your personal data will be stored for a period of 6 months from the end of the recruitment process.
- Your personal data will not be made available to other entities, with the exception of entities authorized by law. Access to your data will be given to persons authorized by the Controller to process them in the performance of their duties.
- You have the right to access your data and, subject to the law, the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, the right to data portability, the right to object to processing, the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority – the Chairman of the Office for Personal Data Protection,ul.Stawki2, 00 – 193 Warsaw.
- Providing personal data is mandatory under the law, otherwise it is voluntary.
- Your personal data will not be processed by automated means and will not be subject to profiling.